Chicago, Illinois – NXT Capital and MidCap Financial (www.midcapfinancial.com) announced that they have provided an $85 million senior secured credit facility to support Freeman Spogli & Co.’s investment in Regent Holding Company, LLC.
NXT Capital and MidCap Financial were Joint Lead Arrangers and Joint Bookrunners for this transaction. NXT Capital was also the Administrative Agent.
Freeman Spogli & Co (www.freemanspogli.com) is a private equity firm dedicated exclusively to investing in and partnering with management in consumer-related and distribution companies in the United States. Since its founding in 1983, Freeman Spogli has invested $3.4 billion in 52 portfolio companies with aggregate transaction value of $20 billion. The firm has offices in Los Angeles and New York.
“We are thrilled to partner with NXT Capital and MidCap Financial in the Regent Holding transaction,” said Chris Johnson of Freeman Spogli. “NXT Capital and MidCap Financial provided a flexible financing solution with certainty, which supports the future growth of the company.”
Regent Holding Company (www.regent-holding.com) is a leading global designer, marketer and supplier of home décor and accent products that are sold throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
NXT Capital provides structured financing solutions through its Corporate Finance, Equipment Finance and Real Estate Finance groups and is based in Chicago with offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, Phoenix, San Francisco and Stamford. See www.nxtcapital.com for more information.
MidCap Financial is a middle market-focused, specialty finance firm that provides senior debt solutions to businesses across all industries. The firm’s years of experience, strong balance sheet, and flexibility make it a lender of choice for companies across all stages of growth and complexity. MidCap Financial’s debt solutions focus in five areas:
- General and Healthcare Asset-Based working capital loans collateralized by third-party accounts receivable and other assets;
- Leveraged loans to companies backed by private equity sponsors;
- Life Sciences loans to VC-backed and public pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies;
- Real Estate loans on all types of commercial properties, medical office buildings, various types of senior housing and skilled nursing properties; and
- Lender Finance term loans or revolvers provided across the consumer and commercial finance sectors. Additional information about MidCap Financial can be found at www.midcapfinancial.com.
MidCap Financial refers to MidCap FinCo Limited, a private limited company domiciled in Ireland, and its subsidiaries. MidCap Financial is managed by Apollo Capital Management, L.P., a subsidiary of Apollo Global Management, pursuant to an investment management agreement between Apollo Capital Management, L.P. and MidCap FinCo Limited. References to MidCap Financial prior to January 2015 are to its predecessor, MidCap Financial, LLC.