Smart investors increasingly recognize the many benefits that middle- market direct lending can add to an investment portfolio. Middle-market loans:
- Are designed to provide attractive risk-adjusted return
- Offer valuable diversification to a fixed income portfolio
- Are typically structured with covenants and more modest levels of leverage
- Typically offer better downside protections due to seniority and collateral, compared to broadly syndicated senior loans and second lien loans
- Are generally floating-rate, which provides protection against increasing interest rates
NXT Capital is a manager with multiple platforms and strategies that manages levered and unlevered private debt funds and separate accounts for institutional investors. Our investment programs provide investors proprietary access to directly originated first lien senior secured loans that are not broadly traded or otherwise generally available without a loan origination platform. NXT Capital invests alongside the private debt funds it manages, which creates substantial alignment of interest.
NXT Capital’s investor base includes global public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and other institutional investors.
NXT Capital Investment Advisers, LLC, a subsidiary of NXT Capital LLC, is a Registered Investment Adviser. For more information about NXT Capital’s private debt funds, contact us today.
- Loan funds
- Separately managed accounts
- Collateralized loan obligations (CLOs)
- Unlevered and levered
- Onshore and offshore
- Single and multi-investor
- ERISA compliant
As of 9/30/2022; Capital Under Management includes $6.5 billion capital committed to off-balance sheet vehicles, $2.2 billion of loan commitments held by NXT’s balance sheet, pre and post-acquisition, and $59 million of equity. NXT Capital was acquired by ORIX Corporation USA on 8/28/2018. NXT Capital Investment Advisers, LLC AUM totaled $7.1 billion as of 9/30/2022. AUM includes deployed capital currently invested, available capital not currently invested and equity.
* Represents capital currently invested, available capital not currently invested and equity. Includes NXT’s proprietary capital on balance sheet and advisory (discretionary and non-discretionary) accounts. Proprietary capital on balance sheet and advisory accounts are managed by NXT Capital Investment Advisers, LLC.