Our culture and associated guiding values are woven into our business and ESG practices. We believe in:
- Accountability for ethical and trustworthy behavior with borrowers, investors, and each other
- Maintaining a disciplined approach to investing
- Forging longstanding relationships
- Fostering operational excellence
- Maintaining integrity and transparency
- Creating a positive, constructive environment for employees
Through our collective efforts, these practices are embedded in our approach to Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) factors. We have long incorporated elements of ESG into our investment decisions and throughout the life of a loan, including environmental diligence, negative industry screening and reputational research. The development of our ESG policy, created in the spirit of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI), is a natural progression of our continued commitment to enhance our investment process while supporting a culture focused on risk management and sustainable business practices.
We believe that by effectively addressing ESG risks, we conduct more thorough analyses, make better informed decisions and create long-term value. Our policy is intended to help us align our actions with our culture, achieve our investment objectives, and satisfy our stakeholders’ expectations.