Smart investors increasingly recognize the many benefits that middle market direct lending can add to an investment portfolio. Middle market loans:
- Are generally floating-rate, which provides protection against increasing interest rates
- Offer valuable diversification to a fixed income portfolio
- Are typically structured with covenants and more modest levels of leverage, and offer better downside protections due to seniority and collateral, compared to broadly syndicated senior loans and second lien loans
- Provide attractive risk-adjusted return
NXT Capital is an asset manager with multiple platforms and strategies that manages levered and unlevered private debt funds and separate accounts for institutional investors. Our diverse asset management programs provide investors proprietary access to directly originated first lien senior secured loans and commercial mortgage loans that are not broadly traded or otherwise generally available without a loan origination platform. In many cases, NXT Capital invests alongside the private debt funds it manages, which creates substantial alignment of interest.
NXT Capital’s private debt fund investor base includes public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and other institutional investors.
NXT Capital Investment Advisers, LLC, a subsidiary of NXT Capital LLC, is a Registered Investment Adviser. For more information about NXT Capital’s private debt funds, contact us today.
- Loan funds
- Separately managed accounts
- Collateralized loan obligations (CLOs)
- Unlevered and levered
- Onshore and offshore
- Single and multi-investor
- ERISA compliant
As of 9/30/2020; Capital Under Management/Direction includes $8.2 billion capital committed to off-balance sheet vehicles, $2.6 billion of loan commitments held by NXT’s balance sheet, pre and post-acquisition, and $107 million of equity. NXT Capital was acquired by ORIX Corporation USA on 8/28/2018. NXT Capital Investment Advisors, LLC AUM totaled $9 billion as of 9/30/2020. AUM includes deployed capital currently invested, available capital not currently invested and equity.
* Represents deployed capital currently invested, available capital not currently invested and equity. Includes NXT’s proprietary capital on balance sheet and advisory (managed) and non-advisory (directed) accounts. Proprietary capital on balance sheet and advisory accounts are managed by NXT Capital Investment Advisers, LLC.
** Programs include arrangements to manage or direct capital pursuant to an agreement between a client and an NXT Capital entity.